Challenge Wanaka announces Roth Rewards programme
Posted on: Friday 24th July 2015
Challenge Wanaka has announced its Roth Rewards programme, providing athletes with an opportunity to secure a guaranteed spot at the world’s most sought after long distance triathlon, DATEV Challenge Roth 2016 which sold out in under a minute.
Athletes who missed out on buying a spot at Challenge Roth can get a second chance by racing at Challenge Wanaka and applying for one of the following categories of Roth Rewards:
1 Top of Class Reward
- Awarded to the top 10 performing age group athletes (five men, five women)
- Age groups are in 10 year increments – 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69
2 Best Story Reward
- This is awarded to the athlete with the most compelling story. Athletes to create a video or photo essay that captures their story, whether it’s overcoming illness or injury, facing physical challenges, or transforming their life through fitness,
- Top five finalists for each race posted on social media and the community chooses winners through voting.
- Athlete must be registered in the corresponding race during the 2015 season in order to qualify and must submit entries to the race as per the instructions on the individual race pages.
- One slot will be allocated
3 The Friends and Followers Reward
- Athlete with the greatest social media engagement earn a slot
- This reward encourages athletes to post, Tweet and pin all about their excitement and preparation in the build up to their race and the post-race aftermath, and to encourage engagement from their friends and followers. Athletes to compile a portfolio of ALL their social media activity (on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Pinterest) about the race
- The following hashtags must be used: #ChallengeFamily, #AllAboutTheAthlete or #ChallengeWanaka
- Athletes to submit an e-file portfolio of screen shots of all qualifying posts and the total tally of associated engagements (likes, shares, favorites, retweets, etc.). The athletes with the greatest SUM TOTAL of social media engagement win!
- Deadline – 1 week post-race.
- One will be allocated
4 The Club Reward
- The club with the most participating athletes at each race will receive the slots
- Awarded on club participation using a simple points system of 3 points per individual athlete and 1 point per relay athlete
- Each entry must be linked to the club on registration
- Three slots will be allocated
The fine print:
- 2015 Roth Rewards winners earn guaranteed entry to Challenge Roth 2016
- Roth Rewards winners earn guaranteed race entry; entries must be paid in full (except where noted as complimentary)
- Roth Rewards are solely available as individual entries (no relay entries allowed)
- Roth Rewards entries are non-transferable
- Challenge Family retains the right to publish and use for marketing/promotional purposes, in perpetuity, any and all content submitted as part of Roth Rewards application
- Applicants may apply for more than one Roth Rewards category. You must submit a separate application for each category. You will only be eligible for one guaranteed entry.
- Athletes must redeem their Roth Rewards coupon prior to 30 May 2016