PURE Sports Nutrition is the official hydration sponsor for Challenge Wanaka.
PURE Electrolyte Hydration is a premium natural sports drink made with real freeze dried fruit and no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. It’s scientifically formulated to rehydrate, replenish and replace carbohydrate and electrolyte stores to ensure you get the most out of your training and race day performance.
Three benefits of using PURE Electrolyte Hydration:
- This is a vital aspect of sports performance as dehydration is a major cause of fatigue and poor performance. PURE Electrolyte Hydration is hypotonic to prioritise fast hydration during exercise.
- Fuel Supply. The PURE Electrolyte Hydration Range uses a combination of sucrose and glucose carbohydrates which are rapidly absorbed by the body to fuel muscles, while at the same time being gentle on the stomach during exercise.
- The PURE electrolyte Hydration Range contains essential electrolytes to support muscle function and prevent cramping and fatigue: These are: Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium and Calcium.
This range comes in four delicious flavours; Lemon, Raspberry, Pineapple and Superfruits (or Superfruits with Chia). Each handy resealable pouch makes up to 9L or a single serve sachet is great for on the go and makes a 750ml bottle. We recommend approximately 500ml – 1L per hour and each 750ml bottle contributes 38g of carbohydrate.
Products are stocked at sports shops, selected PAK’nSAVE and New World stores or visit https://www.drinkpure.co.nz/apps/store-locator/ for online purchasing and to find your nearest stockist.
GU Gels will be available on course in a mixture of the following flavours;
- Caffeine free: Strawberry Banana
- With Caffeine: Vanilla, Salted Caramel, Espresso, and Caramel Macchiato
Peak Fuel is the official bar supplier to Challenge Wanaka.
The cookies have been formulated from oat, wheat and soy based products with natural flavours, no preservatives or artificial colours. Each cookie is 80g and contains 53.2g of carbohydrate to fuel training and racing. Essential electrolytes Sodium and Potassium are added to the cookies for continued muscle function support. These cookies are all about being natural and with a low – medium Glycaemic Index they will deliver steady, long lasting energy that tastes great!