Download the new Challenge Family Nutrition Guide for a successful nutrition strategy.
Key topics addressed in the Challenge Family Nutrition Guide include:
- Nutrition just before the race start
- Nutrition during the race
- Carbohydrate sources for training and race day
- Enhancing your performance and the role of bars, energy drinks, gels and carbohydrate drinks
- Staying hydrated by improving fluid delivery, addressing dehydration and calculation of sweat rate
- Fueling recovery
- Training your race nutrition
The Challenge Family Nutrition Guide has been prepared by Professor Asker Jeukendrup a leading sports nutritionist and exercise physiologist who spent most of his career at the University of Birmingham (UK) and is currently a visiting professor at Loughborough University. During his career Professor Jeukendrup has authored over 200 research papers and book chapters, several of which have changed the sports nutrition landscape. He is a strong believer in unlocking the power of science to help athletes and teams achieve their goals. During his career he has worked with many elite athletes, including Chrissie Wellington and Haile Gebreselassie) to develop personalised nutrition plans to enhance recovery and optimise performance.
Asker practices what he preaches and is competing in long distance triathlons himself. To date he has completed 21 full distance triathlons. For more information on sports nutrition please visit www.mysportscience.com (twitter @jeukendrup).